Life has been busy with baby girl and work. Now that Isha is in our lives, it feels like life is on fast forward. She is already 10.5 months old and I can't believe my little baby is going to be one so soon. Isha is sweet but really feisty at the same time. She's so smart (I know all parents say that about their kids) and I find it amazing how much she understands. She is funny and makes me genuinely laugh almost every single day. She is also so vocal and talkative - there is almost never a quiet moment with her unless she's really tired. She will fill the room with screams (she does this a lot, especially at/to other kids), giggles and babbles. She is crawling, trying to stand by herself any chance she gets and says "mama".
First family picture. God I look awful. :)
Just born.
1 day old.
2 months old. Can't believe she used to sleep in people's arms like that.
4 months. So looks so young!
5 months and so happy.
5.5 months old on a family vacation to the Cayman Islands.
6 months old. Professional pictures by the lovely Amanda of Doubly Happy Photography
Since I'm still breastfeeding, I am also on this restricted diet and it is so hard to follow sometimes. I swear my diet consisted of peanut butter, english muffins and chocolate before we found out. Its amazing how pervasive wheat and dairy are in all foods. There is dairy in almost all bread (not that we could eat that given the wheat allergy but still). Most restaurants and fast food chains have wheat as an ingredient in their french fries. Almost everything is processed in a facility that either has nuts, eggs, wheat or dairy. Whole foods is my best friend these days and makes grocery shopping 3x's more expensive. In some ways its been good for us too. I've lost about 5-8 lbs (don't weight myself so just a guess). We can't eat out that much or eat many processed foods so we eat tons of veggies, fruits and rice. I'm a carnivorous vegan now. I never ate much meat since my husband is vegetarian and rarely cooked it at home. Now I have a lot more chicken and fish and even started given Isha some. We eat a lot of Indian/Sri Lankan food since they rarely use dairy. We are a month in and eating like this is getting easier. Its when we travel that things get much harder. Airports are not really all that friendly to this diet.
8 months old - miss that hair!
Having her head shaved as part of a Hindu ritual called a mundan. I was not happy about it but she didn't make a peep. Almost 9 months old.
Apple picking at 10 months old

so happy you are blogging again! love you and that little girl!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new blog! Can't wait to read more of your posts and see more pics of darling little Isha!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're blogging again! Will be following along:)
ReplyDelete